Friday, October 4, 2013

Welcome!



10/4/2013



Welcome to Little Bits of Life with Laura!


I am very much new to blogging, so this will be a learn-as-I-go kind of experience.  I am totally open to suggestions, hints, and feedback from any readers out there that want to follow me.    


I seem to be a person of two minds.  Most of the time, I am a technically minded individual; by trade I have spent the last 20+ years in the mechanical engineering field and am now employed as a high school drafting teacher.  The rest of the time, I live in my own little world of imaginary things, places, people, and situations where all is resolved and happily ends by the last chapter. 


For the past couple of years I have been experimenting with my writing.  I have had all sorts of stories and imaginary people living in my head for as long as I can remember, but it has taken me a long time to be to find enough confidence in myself to try to give these characters a voice and bring them to life on paper.  With the help of my friend and true soul sister Stephanie (Thank You and Luv You Sista!), I have finally “come out of my shell” and decided to share my writings with others. (I will also share more of mine and Stephanie’s adventures in our writing journey as well as links to her site and our joint site from time to time!)  


My vision for this blog will not be so much about the stories or characters that I live with as much as it will be about random things that tend to affect us all in our everyday lives.  Just in the day to day activities of life in general there are so many things to write about.  This is where you’ll find those thoughts.   I hope to post on here at least once a week, just depending on how my little bits of life are going!  Check back with me often or follow me on Twitter at @LauraPaigeSmith to see when I have posted new goodies.  I truly look forward to talking with you all and hearing what little bits of life you would like to share with me!!


Excitedly yours,


Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment